- RT @ChesConserv: Tom & Audrey, Barb & Boh and Rell & Eddie, it's the Real World: Chesapeake Bay. As a new year and season begin, we’re rea… 1 day ago
- RT @usfs_r9: Clean water is our most precious forest product Happy world water day #WorldWaterDay https://t.co/m7a5UBLtkO 1 day ago
- RT @DCNRnews: #PaStateForests serve as the headwaters and living filter for municipal drinking water supplies and thousands of miles of hig… 1 day ago
- RT @GwrcPd16: #DYK that the @chesapeakebay has a tool that you can use to explore YOUR watershed? In this multi-layered tool, you can explo… 1 day ago
- RT @MDEnvironment: CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS Stream Link Education seeks volunteers to get involved with the 3 stages of reforestation: 1) gro… 1 day ago
- RT @SierraClub: Today, environmental justice and public health advocates from around the country delivered over 7,000 public comments URGIN… 1 day ago
- RT @DCNRnews: Spring is a busy time for wetlands in Pa, when these special habitats become a center of activity. Learn about what’s happeni… 1 day ago
- RT @chesbayprogram: The black rat snake is a non-venomous snake with a long, black body and white belly. It can be found throughout the Che… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: local
Mission New Rockville: Completed
Thank you to all the customers who came out to enjoy our new Rockville store grand opening last weekend! Check out our photo scrapbook of the fun. Popular whole food vitamins from Megafood.
Posted in Composting, Employment, Family, Fruits, Green Careers, Local, News, Organic Food, Recycling, Vegetables Tagged Allegheny chevre, bike racks, bulk grains, Cava Mezze, certified organic produce, cold beer, customer lounge, customer service, electric car charging station, environmental restoration, evan healy, free coffee, fresh juices, G Street Fabric, gluten free, Gold's Gym, goody bags, grand opening, harissa, hummus, Kensington, kombucha on tap, LaPasta, local, local cheese, Megafood, metro station, monocacy, naked lunch, Nebel St, new grist, organic salad, probar, Randolph Rd, raw cheddar, Spencerville cider, spring mill bread, tzatziki, warm grain bowl, weleda, White Flint, whole food vitamins, wine Leave a comment
New Rockville MOMs Opens Tomorrow!
We’re super-excited to be opening our new Rockville MOMs location tomorrow. After 16 years in our previous storefront on Parklawn Drive, we’ve realized we need more parking and a more navigable layout for our tried and true (and patient) Rockville customers. … Continue reading
Posted in Children, Composting, Employment, Energy Resources, Family, Fruits, Green Careers, Local, Natural Health, News, Organic Food, Pets, Recycling, Reuse, Vegetables Tagged beer, bike rack, bulk foods, compostable utensils, electric car charge, grain bowls, grand opening, kids activities, kombucha, LED lights, local, low VOC paints, naked lunch, oils, organic, organic deli, organic lunch, peanut butter, pet toys, produce, salads, skylights, solatubes, sustainable building materials, sweeteners, wellness, wine Leave a comment
The Worms Know Best
Growing up, at least when it came to apples, “wormy” and “organic” were synonymous, and meant the very best! During fall visits to my grandparent’s house in Virginia, I would run first thing to the orchard to see if the … Continue reading
Posted in Fruits, Native plants, Organic Food Tagged apples, autumn, cider, fall, local, Virginia 1 Comment
It’s Lemon Thyme!
Fresh herbs off the truck this week–rosemary, spearmint and lemon thyme from A Thyme to Plant Herb Farm in Glen Allen, VA! Ever wonder what the difference is between thyme and lemon thyme? Did they crossbreed lemon and thyme and … Continue reading