- RT @ChesConserv: Tom & Audrey, Barb & Boh and Rell & Eddie, it's the Real World: Chesapeake Bay. As a new year and season begin, we’re rea… 1 day ago
- RT @usfs_r9: Clean water is our most precious forest product Happy world water day #WorldWaterDay https://t.co/m7a5UBLtkO 1 day ago
- RT @DCNRnews: #PaStateForests serve as the headwaters and living filter for municipal drinking water supplies and thousands of miles of hig… 1 day ago
- RT @GwrcPd16: #DYK that the @chesapeakebay has a tool that you can use to explore YOUR watershed? In this multi-layered tool, you can explo… 1 day ago
- RT @MDEnvironment: CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS Stream Link Education seeks volunteers to get involved with the 3 stages of reforestation: 1) gro… 1 day ago
- RT @SierraClub: Today, environmental justice and public health advocates from around the country delivered over 7,000 public comments URGIN… 1 day ago
- RT @DCNRnews: Spring is a busy time for wetlands in Pa, when these special habitats become a center of activity. Learn about what’s happeni… 1 day ago
- RT @chesbayprogram: The black rat snake is a non-venomous snake with a long, black body and white belly. It can be found throughout the Che… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: environmental restoration
Bryn Mawr Home Stretch!
Home stretch everyone! The Bryn Mawr Grand Opening festivities start on Friday, February 21. All customers who come in will receive a free, compostable MOM’s reusable bag loaded with awesome samples! Staff has been hard at work training and putting … Continue reading
Posted in Local, News, Organic Food Tagged Brulee Bakery, Bryn Mawr, Decomposition books, environmental restoration, family-owned, Golden Valley Coffee, grand opening, grind your own, Jin and Ja, Maggie's Organic scarves, MOM's beginnings, MOM's history, new store, Philadelphia, Philly, Reanimation Coffee, Soreci hair clips, Swarmbustin Honey, Sweet Water Bakery, The Vegg, Walk the Walk 2 Comments
New MOM’s in the Neighborhood!
Last Friday I made a trek up to Philadelphia to meet with the staff of our up-coming Bryn Mawr, PA store. The team in Bryn Mawr is smart, fun and ready to work hard for our community, so it was … Continue reading
Posted in Family, Green Careers, Local, News Tagged bamboo, bottled water ban, Bryn Mawr, bulk foods, butternut squash, Eastern State Penitentiary, environmental restoration, expansion, fair trade coffee, fresh juice, gluten free, grand opening, naked lunch, new store, organic produce, Philadelphia, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Plastic Surgery, root beer, Scott Nash, sustainable materials, sustainable seafood, team work, vegan, vegetarian 1 Comment
I started working at the MOM’s Organic Market Alexandria store towards the end of June this past summer. I was so excited at the prospect of getting to work with a company that truly walks the talk of its mission: … Continue reading
Posted in Climate Change, Employment, Green Careers, Local Tagged Alexandria VA, community, environmental restoration, faith in humanity, fishing practices, green-minded, grocery shopping, landfills, MOM's Organic Market, pasture-raised eggs, Scott Nash, sustainable seafood, teaching, water sources Leave a comment
My Journey in Environmental Restoration (E.R.)
As I come close to five years working for MOM’s, I am amazed by how much I have been able to learn and experience. I have met and learned from so many great people within and associated with the company. … Continue reading
Posted in Composting, Ecology, Employment, Energy Resources, Gardening, Green Careers, Natural Health, Organic Food, Pets, Recycling, Reuse Tagged A Thyme to Plant Farm, Baltimore, BARCS, beautiful nutrient, bottled water, CFL bulbs, Clean Currents, compost, Conservation, cruelty-free, curbside recycling, energy efficiency, environmental restoration, gluten free, green benefit, holistic medical, hybrid vehicle, Klean Kanteen, kombucha, local shlters, MD SPCA, methane gas, Mrs Meyers, Organic Mechanics, parsley plus, pesticide application, recycle batteries, recycling maniacs, renewable energy, renewable energy credit, Round Up, Seventh Generation, Southern Exposure, Story of Bottled Water movie, sustainable seafood, tire pressure, vegetarian Leave a comment
Mission New Rockville: Completed
Thank you to all the customers who came out to enjoy our new Rockville store grand opening last weekend! Check out our photo scrapbook of the fun. Popular whole food vitamins from Megafood.
Posted in Composting, Employment, Family, Fruits, Green Careers, Local, News, Organic Food, Recycling, Vegetables Tagged Allegheny chevre, bike racks, bulk grains, Cava Mezze, certified organic produce, cold beer, customer lounge, customer service, electric car charging station, environmental restoration, evan healy, free coffee, fresh juices, G Street Fabric, gluten free, Gold's Gym, goody bags, grand opening, harissa, hummus, Kensington, kombucha on tap, LaPasta, local, local cheese, Megafood, metro station, monocacy, naked lunch, Nebel St, new grist, organic salad, probar, Randolph Rd, raw cheddar, Spencerville cider, spring mill bread, tzatziki, warm grain bowl, weleda, White Flint, whole food vitamins, wine Leave a comment